UPDATE: June, 2020,6:23 p.m. EDT: Updating Microsoft windows to the newest version has always been a mess for Microsoft Windows users. The reason is that Microsoft always followed a steady approach to provide updates to Windows. They do provide updates first, to their userbase who have largely tested and widely supported devices, then they provide updates for less supported devices.
Microsoft has just announced the new Windows 10 May 2020 update which will start rolling out from May 27, 2020. Widows users from all around the globe are curious to know if they are getting Windows 10 May 2020 updates or not?
This is the ninth major update to Microsoft Windows which is designed to provide several new features, security, and stability improvement to the system.
Following their old approach, Microsoft will release the Windows 10 May 2020 update in two terms.
- First Feature Update
- Second feature update
The users who are going to get the “first feature update” will receive the most changes and improvements to their system followed by second features update.
1. First ” Windows 10 May 2020 update” Feature update included Major functionality and add on such as:
- “Cloud download”option to reset your device using a fresh installation windows 10 image file. This is a whole new approach granted to windows 10.
- Users will get an option to remove their password and continue with a secure experience using Windows Hello.
- A Faster Windows Search Experience for users.
- Renaming Virtual Desktops Feature.
- Disk Type information is provided (HDD or not) in the Task Manager.
- You will see GPU Temperature info in the Task Manager.
- Improved Network Status Details.
- Paint and WordPad are Optional Features now.
- Cortana has become a regular app. The newest Cortona is designed to increase productivity on the PC’s.
- Users will get new Microsoft Defender Antivirus instead of Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Also, a renowned setting option designed to provide information in one place will be available. New Features such as OneDrive file backup, text cursor indicator options are added. The Status page has been updated to display more information about the connected devices, active connection, and much more.
- Now, Disk Cleanup will not Delete your Downloads Folder.
- ———– the list goes on.
The only problem is that all windows users are not getting these updates instantly. To Provide a Quick explanation to Windows users, Microsoft has started showing a message to every windows user if they are eligible to get Windows 10 May 2020 update.
They have added a short message on windows update page Stating:
The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.
If you see this message on your windows update page, then you are the one who is not getting this update instantly. Microsoft will roll out Windows 10 May 2020 update for you several weeks after 27 May. Wait for some weeks and you’ll be able to see the update option on your windows.
This would be better because Microsoft’s new statement says that they are tracking some serious issues with the current May 2020 update, which began its rollout on 27 May. This includes Bluetooth, mouse input, GPU driver and display, etc. So, You are the safe one who is not being used to do experiments.
But If you are the one whose update page is not showing any message, you can go ahead and update your windows to witness and experience the latest Microsoft release.
2. How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update?
If you are ready to install the updates, Open your computer, Go to the Windows Update settings through Following Process:
(Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update),
and select Check for updates option.
Once the update appears, you can select the “Download and install ” option.
Those users who can’t wait to get their hands on the new feature-packed Windows May 2020 update can take help from Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool. This is a tool designed to provide Windows update instantly even when the direct update option is not working.